Wednesday, April 25, 2012

To do Negative Testing positively



Why we do the negative testing. Why it is important?

Negative testing is testing which attempts to shows that application or module does not do anything which is not supposed to do.

But how we can do the Negative testing.

See Negative testing is a core skill. It is powerful approach. It is very important how effectively you do negative testing

Many people have different meaning about negative testing Even they have their own views also.

But for me Negative Testing is more about :

To do thing which is not written in the requirement?

It is about imagination

Exploring the product

Find out the problem, Fault

Let say the requirement is: Password should take minimum 8 characters.

If I want to do negative test for that. Then I will check what will be happen if I enter 7 characters?

What will happen if I enter more than 8 characters?

What will happen if enter the only number or I enter only special character?

So this is like I am doing negative test for that requirement

Negative testing mean you are like investigating more about that requirement, you are doing what you are imaging and what you are exploring about the product.

The good tester is who can break the software who can explore the product, who can find the valuable and good bug.

So do Negative Testing in positive way

No comments:

Post a Comment